Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tea Time!

Before I started drinking cream with caffeine coffee, I used to drink a lot of tea in the winter time. One of my favorite recipes is the one below. My grandmother always called it "Russian Tea" although one of the main ingredients is Tang, which in my book is about as American as it gets. Anyway, I made a batch this week and thought I would share the recipe. It's yummy!



SPICED TEA:

2 cups Tang drink mix
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup instant tea
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. cinnamon



Just to make a good picture, I put everything together in a jar - brings back memories of the ever-popular  "sand art" projects from when I was younger!


Now mix...


That's it...just add a couple spoonfuls to a cup of hot water & enjoy!


This would make a great, inexpensive Christmas gift - just add a cute ribbon and you're all set!



3 comments:

  1. wow love this! i have a few friends that love tea! i'll have to make it for them :) thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. luv tang :) i might give this one a try! over from gingersnaps. now following

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar recipe that I am using as Christmas gifts this year, too! They really are great gifts. I'm your newest follower. Hope you'll swing by and check me out some time! Looks like we have a lot in common. :)

    ReplyDelete