Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 9: 16 Days of Creating - Jewelry Junkie

So…another day, another late post. Once again, I’m thinking I was a little overly-ambitious with the 16 Days of Crafting. There are so many ideas floating around in my head, but none of them are real-life projects at this point. AND today was one of “those” days. More about that later.

There are no pictures for today’s post – mostly because I've figured out that jewelry is very difficult impossible to photograph. Wouldn't you think that a squirmy 2-year-old would be a photographer’s biggest challenge? Uh, nope, sorry – try a small, shiny inanimate object sometime. Just for fun, and see what happens. Okay, okay - enough complaining! On with it...

I have been making jewelry for several years - it kind of took over after the cross-stitching fad ended (stop laughing, you probably did it too!). I have made everything from earrings to wine glass charms. I love looking for unique beads, and have quite the stash on hand. This comes in handy on a weekend when I'm going out and need something to match an outfit. (Wish that happened a little more often, but hey. I guess that's what I get for being 39...ish.)

One thing I LOVE to do is go through the Lia Sophia or Silpada catalog for new ideas. (At lease those people know how to take pictures!) So watch out if you're having a home party - I'll come for the catalog & food, then go home to make my own goodies! :) Just kidding!

I once tried selling my jewelry on eBay, and that didn't work out too well. I was competing with something like 5 million other home-jewelry makers. So far, I haven't tried Esty, but it is on my "to do" list...someday! Other than that, I have made quite a few things for church fundraisers/silent auctions and for gifts to lucky family members who either love it, or are very good actors. :)

Mainly I enjoy adding to my bead stash, coming up with new ideas, and just having fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment