Friday, April 5, 2013

Bunny Bread!

Yes, this Easter post is a tad late. But 3 posts in one week, how about THAT??!

For several years, one of my Easter traditions is to make "Bunny Bread".  It's easy, the kids love it, and it always gets eaten!

I originally found this recipe in Taste of Home magazine (way back when I actually got the magazine each month in the mail!) But you can also find it here: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/easter-bunny-bread

Instead of using the frozen bread dough as the recipe suggests, I usually make my own. This year, I used a recipe for my bread machine and just put it on the dough setting.


Here is the finished bunny:



I have used all different recipes for the bread, but I usually prefer a sweeter variety. The Taste of Home recipe calls for raisins for the eyes and sliced almonds for the teeth. But depending on what I have at the time, my bunnies have had black beans for eyes, or slivered almonds for the teeth (like this year, his teeth are a bit fang-like!) I will use whatever looks like it will work!

This recipe could work for other holidays too...four leaf clover for St. Patrick's Day, a turkey for Thanksgiving...maybe if I'm creative enough, I'll have to try it out!!








No comments:

Post a Comment