Sunday, July 7, 2013

Spam Update




A while ago I was whining about all the spam comments I had been getting on my blog. My settings were programmed so that I had to approve comments before they were published, so none of them actually ever showed up on the blog. But it was a real pain because I got an email every time some "person" posted a comment about gutter cleaning, teeth whitener, or whatever on one of my craft projects. (Yeah, what does gutter cleaning have to do with a Christmas centerpiece?!)

Anyway...a couple months ago I turned on the "Word Verification" feature, and it has made a HUGE difference! I know it's a little more of a hassle for real people to make a comment, but I think it was so worth it! If you're having any problems on your own blog, I would highly recommend it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment