Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 3: 16 Days of Creating - Boo Banner

Welcome to Day 3 of 16 Days of Creating! The idea for today's craft came from a pin I saw on Pinterest (which, in case you didn't know, is even more addictive than Facebook!) 

"Family Banner" from Dittle Dattle - Inspiration for the "Boo Banner"
Isn't it great?? There are 6 separate canvases hung together on a curtain rod. Very cool!
I wanted to use what I had on hand already, so I improvised just a little:

STEP 1:

Gather supplies: Scrapbook paper, Mod Podge & foam brush, cardboard box (thank goodness for Boy Scout popcorn season - plenty of boxes at our house!), "BOO" letters printed off computer, scissors.


STEP 2:
(Which is actually a combination of about 3 steps, but they're easy and all about MOD PODGE!)

Spread Mod Podge on the cardboard & cover with scrapbook paper. Cover the scrapbook paper with Mod Podge. Cut out letters, put them on the panel and cover THEM with....take a guess...Mod Podge!


STEP 3:

Patiently wait for the panels to dry (it's hard, I know!) and then you can put them together however you want. I'm saving the curtain rod idea for another project, so I just used some black ribbon. 




Note that the "Rat Tail Riesling" has found a new home!

1 comment:

  1. I like the Boo! sign, it is nice that your 16 days of crafting are before Halloween. Now you have all these new fall and Halloween decorations. You should do one again before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete