Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Vintage Flower Stand With A Fall Twist

I have these things in my basement, not really sure what to call them - so I've named them "Flower Stands". They are a matching set that belonged to my grandma, and for the past 10 years, they've been in the back of my mind (and back of my basement!) I keep thinking I'll do something with them, but I had never figured out what until now. Here's what they look like:


I always thought I'd re-paint them, but after a closer look, I kind of like the rust.

My favorite part is the "vine" that runs up the middle.


I decided to use one of the stands for a vintage fall display. I started with some wide mouth mason jars and lined the insides with orange tissue paper and mod podge. I filled them with some rocks and put some fall floral goodies inside. The jars weren't quite wide enough to sit in the openings, which presented a problem. My solution was to wrap some twine around the openings in 3 places to make the spaces a little narrower. Then I stuck the jars in and they fit perfectly! 


Now I just need to find a home for the stand where someone isn't tempted to eat everything!



1 comment:

  1. Very creative! You will have to show me how to modge podge, I have never done it before. I am laughing at the last picture! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete