Monday, January 24, 2011

YUM-EEE!

Ginny recently requested that we make one of her (and Harry's) favorite treats. I thought I'd share the recipe, because it's so good and easy.  AND it scores points for being healthy, too! (See my post from last week, "Supersize, Please").  We don't normally serve it in a margarita glass like this photo, but it does look pretty fancy that way! The original recipe is from allrecipes.com, but I have made a couple small changes.

Very Berry Blueberry Smoothies

1 banana, chopped
1 cup berries (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries are all good!)
1 1/2 cups ice cubes
8 oz. container vanilla yogurt (I have also used flavored yogurt if we don't have vanilla. Use organic yogurt & it's even better for you!)

Combine all ingredients in blender & mix until smooth.  Smoothies can be stored in the freezer & thawed for 30-60 minutes, or defrost in microwave.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment