Thursday, December 15, 2011

Santa and the Red Hot Chili Peppers

Welcome to the start of a new look at Crazy in Iowa! (Actually it was kind of a mistake - I made this new banner, and accidentally deleted the old one. So here it is anyway...don't be surprised if it changes yet again!)


But on with the post. I have to say, it's official now...as of today, I have entered "Christmas Panic Mode".   I'm feeling waaaay behind on things and not quite sure how I'm going to get it all done in the next 10 days! Aaaagh! I really wanted to get my giveaway in before Christmas, but I'm just not sure that's going to happen. I have barely half of my Christmas shopping done. I need to send out the Christmas cards that I was so ahead of the game with in November (which have been sitting in the box every since!) Aaaand - much baking to do! So instead, here's a quick peek at my fireplace mantel.




All month long, I've been thinking my mantel wasn't quite finished. My strategy on Christmas decorating has always been to "group" things together. All my Santas are on the mantel. I don't know if this is the "right" way to do things, but it works for me, and that's how I like it! So after seeing all those fancy mantels on Pinterest & other more stylish people's blogs, I decided it needed lights. I struck out at Target, (on December 10 they only had outdoor & fancy LED lights left - what's up with that??) I finally made it to the neighborhood drug store, where they had PLENTY of lights to choose from. I wanted just a simple strand of white lights, but SURPRISE, SURPRISE! I found something way cooler. For only $3, chili pepper lights...oh yeah! Here they are in action with the Santas...


Rudolph Santa

Handpainted (by me!) Santa (before kids...this guy took for-ev-er!)

Tall Spindle Santa given to me by my grandma

Mouse Santa - I think from an office gift exchange years ago

Big Hallmark Santa and a Santa Salt Shaker

The matching Hallmark Santa and Rudolph the Pepper Shaker (couldn't leave him on the table alone!)

The Santa Line-Up!

Merry Christmas from Santa and the Red Hot Chili Peppers!



2 comments: