Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year's Goals

Faraway BFF was telling me the other day that her husband has been pestering her to make "New Year's Goals". Is there a difference between goals and resolutions? To find the answer, I checked Webster's Elementary Dictionary, the handiest thing in our house. Apparently Mr. Webster was a bit of a jock, because 4 of the 5 definitions of "goal" in the elementary dictionary relate to winning a race or scoring points of some kind. It is also defined as a "purpose". A resolution on the other hand, is defined as "something decided on." Either way, I thought I'd share my New Year's Goals/Resolutions. I tried to pick things that are completely measurable, that is, I will either end up doing them or not.  Easy enough....yeah, right!

1) RUN A 10K RACE. This is a big deal for me, and in order for it to happen, certain other things must also take place, such as staying in shape, exercising regularly, and having good music on my iPod. I'm pretty sure I can do it!

2) READ ALL THE BOOKS FOR MY BOOK CLUB. 12 books a year, how hard is that? But the way our club works is that each person picks a book for their assigned month. Some of our members prefer books that, hmmm, how shall we say....I don't care for. Historical fiction for one, is really NOT my thing. For some people it is. That's where I've been having a problem. I like non-fiction though, and some others don't really. So maybe when It's my month, I'll pick The Tipping Point, again. Maybe someone besides me will read it this time! :)

3) CLEAN MY HOUSE. My idea was to do the one-room-at-a-time thing, but my sister recently introduced me to something even better! Check this out: http://abowlfulloflemons.blogspot.com/ I have decided to do the 21-Day Organizational Challenge. More about that later.


4) TELL PEOPLE ABOUT MY BLOG. So maybe someone besides my family might read it!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad I could inspire you so much! :) Maybe I will get motivated to do the 5k I can run the first half with you and then you can keep going!

    ReplyDelete